LAURA OSNES IN CONCERT
About The Show
February 5 & 6
Two-time Tony® Award nominee Laura Osnes is a true superstar of the Broadway stage with deep roots at Asolo Rep. After winning NBC’s “Grease: You’re the One That I Want” and starring as Sandy in Grease on Broadway, Laura went on to originate multiple roles including Cinderella in Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella, Julia in Bandstand and Bonnie in Bonnie and Clyde, the role she played in Asolo Rep’s 2010 pre-Broadway run. You may have also seen her touring the country in concert, or starring in your favorite Hallmark Channel movie. Her crystalline soprano voice and effervescent beauty will light up the night and touch your heart in this unforgettable musical evening.
LAURA OSNES was last seen as Julia Trojan in the Tony Award-winning musical Bandstand. Other Broadway credits include Rodgers + Hammerstein’s Cinderella, Bonnie and Clyde, Anything Goes, Lincoln Center Theater’s South Pacific, and Grease. Other theatrical credits include The Threepenny Opera (Atlantic Theater Company); The Sound of Music (Carnegie Hall); On The Town (Boston Pops); Carousel (Lyric Opera of Chicago). This past summer, Laura associate produced and starred in A Killer Party, a new virtual musical created entirely during quarantine. Additional television credits include Dynasty, Fosse/Verdon, Elementary, Six By Sondheim, Live From Lincoln Center: Bernstein On Broadway, Sondheim: The Birthday Concert, and the Kennedy Center Honors salutes to Barbara Cook and Dustin Hoffman. Her many appearances include performing with Michael Feinstein, the New York Philharmonic, The New York Pops, The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, The Boston Pops, The San Francisco Symphony, and The National Symphony Orchestra. She can be heard on several original cast recordings and her two solo albums- “Dream A Little Dream: Live at The Café Carlyle” and “If I Tell You: The Songs of Maury Yeston”.
FRED LASSEN is a Broadway conductor, music director, and arranger. Broadway productions he has led include: Sing Street, Prince of Broadway, Bandstand, Mean Girls, King Kong, Finding Neverland, Once, Porgy and Bess, South Pacific, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Spamalot, Cabaret, 42nd Street, Once Upon A Mattress. Off-Broadway/Regional: The Sting (Paper Mill Playhouse, w/Harry Connick, Jr.), The Threepenny Opera (Atlantic Theatre, dir. Martha Clarke). Fred has arranged and recorded two albums with Laura Osnes. He was the Associate Music Supervisor for NBC’s live musical broadcasts of Peter Pan and The Sound of Music. Fred graduated with a degree in Organ Performance from Oberlin Conservatory, and lives in Brooklyn with his wife Vaishali, an independent documentary filmmaker, and his 6-year-old son Luca.
Patron Health and Safety Protocols Asolo Rep Outdoor Performances
Updated January 28, 2021
Following the guidance of government health officials, Asolo Rep has implemented several policies to help make your experience as smooth and safe as possible.
- Asolo Rep will require all patrons, volunteers, and staff to wear face coverings at all times within the performance venue. We ask that your face covering remain on completely covering mouth and nose throughout the performance and until you exit the venue.
- Upon arrival, all patrons, staff, and volunteers will have their temperature checked with a non-contact infrared thermometer.
- Patrons with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to enter the space.
Arrival & Ticketing
- Ticket sales will be cut off two hours prior to all performances. Walk-up tickets will not be available.
- Asolo Rep is instituting touchless ticket entry to prevent any physical contact. Print-at-home tickets will be issued which can also be scanned from your phone. There will also be box-office tables available for check-in.
- There is one point of entry into the performance space, which is wheelchair accessible.
- There will be no physical playbills. Playbill information will be projected on large stage screens for audience viewing and will also be available for digital download on Asolo Rep’s website and sent via email to ticket holders.
- No concessions will be available for purchase and food and drink are not allowed inside the seating area.
Seating & Performance
- Seating capacity of the outdoor stage is 250 seats (the capacity for Laura Osnes in Concert has been increased to 268). Seats are arranged in groups of two and socially distanced for patron and staff safety. The stage area is twelve feet from the front row of seats.
- Asolo Rep staff will begin seating patrons 45 minutes prior to show time.
- Patrons are asked to refrain from congregating in public areas and to remain seated prior to and during the performance.
- Everyone must maintain a 6-foot distance from anyone not in their party at all times.
- “Blanket Seating” is located in the grassy area near the parking lot. Patrons purchasing tickets in that area must bring their own blankets. Lawn chairs are not allowed.
- Performances will be approximately 70 minutes in length, performed without an intermission.
- Portable restrooms will be provided for patrons use.
- If a performance is cancelled or abandoned mid-way due to weather, patrons may either exchange their ticket for another performance or receive a refund. While rain can come and go very quickly in our area, Asolo Rep will make every attempt to present each performance even if rain is in the forecast.
- In the event that Asolo Rep cancels a performance due to imminent bad weather earlier in the day, the cancellation will be posted on our website and we will make every effort to contact ticket-holders.
- Shows lasting more than 40 minutes are considered complete performances. Shows lasting less than 40 minutes are considered "rained out."
- Even in Florida, evening temperatures can be on the cool side. For your own comfort, we suggest wearing layers of clothing and bringing blankets, hats and gloves. There will not be any outside heaters.
Single Ticket Day AnnouncementAsolo Repertory Theatre Announces Single Tickets On Sale for the Highly Anticipated 2023-24 Season, with Special Remembrance Offer for First Responders
Asolo Rep Announces New Directors of Development and MarketingASOLO REPERTORY THEATRE ANNOUNCES SARAH JOHNSON AND ERIC PUGH HAVE JOINED THE LEADERSHIP TEAM