Become a part of the team making World Class Theatre, Made in Sarasota.
Dramaturg & Literary Manager
Asolo Repertory Theatre in Sarasota, Florida (LORT B Mainstage; LORT D Second Stage) is seeking a dynamic Dramaturg & Literary Manager to oversee all aspects of the theatre’s Literary Office, with a focus on production dramaturgy, public programming, and new play development.
The Dramaturg serves as a key member of the Artistic Team, participating in season selection and curating public programming. Responsibilities include managing and executing all dramaturgical and literary functions for the theatre, including: writing/editing playbill content, shepherding new play development efforts, providing dramaturgical research for productions, networking with literary agents and cultivating playwrights, acquiring and evaluating new scripts, and mentoring a full time Dramaturgy Apprentice.
Ideal candidates will be early or mid-career theatre professionals and will demonstrate a serious commitment to a career in dramaturgy and/or literary management. Master’s degree in Dramaturgy, Theatre History, or a related field is required. Candidates must also possess excellent research, writing, analytical, and interpersonal communication skills in tandem with strong computer and organizational skills.
This is a full-time position with an approximate start date of July, 2019. Competitive salary/benefits. Please submit resume, cover letter, references and writing sample(s) (one script evaluation and one playbill article, not more than 5 pages total) through our online application portal. Applications will be accepted through April 1, 2019. E.O.E. All applicants reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status, or sexual preference. No phone calls, please.
Position: Education & Engagement Director
Department: Education & Community Engagement
Reports To: Managing Director
Classification: Full time, Annual, Exempt
Date Prepared: March 14, 2019
By: Linda DiGabriele
General Summary: Lead the strategic development of all Education & Community Engagement functions and manage the implementation of its programs. Serve as a member of the Senior Team.
- Education Specialist
- Community Engagement Specialist
- Local Teaching Artists/Contract Employees
- Apprentice (s)
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish strategic direction for all educational and community engagement programming, which supports the organization’s mission, cultivates future audiences, incorporates current trends/research, and serves the community as a whole.
- Supervise implementation of all departmental programs (including Student Matinees, School Tour, Kaleidoscope, Faces of Change, Documentary Theatre Residencies, Youth and Family programming, IllumiNation etc.).
- Develop new and dynamic programming in support of the artistic mission and in alignment with the needs of the community.
- Develop, lead and mentor a proficient and committed professional staff in a coordinated effort to produce impactful programming in an efficient and effective manner.
- Explore opportunities for youth and family summer programming.
- Engage with artistic personnel to ensure programs closely align with artistic goals.
- Develop and supervise the departmental budget. Devise most effective use of personnel and material resources. Review budget monthly, adjusting forecasts, approving invoices and maintaining records.
- Develop marketing/PR plan for education programs in partnership with marketing department.
- Foster an inclusive network of community partner organizations and area schools.
- Supervise the creation and distribution of all community and education program publications and promotional materials.
- Manage the Career Development Program. Guide recruitment and hiring process as well as educational programming for participants.
- Assist in grant writing, reporting, and research in partnership with development department.
- Attend Senior Team and Board meetings, actively engaging with other management personnel and board members.
- Participate in strategic planning in order to meet the expanding needs of a growing institution. Ensure that Equity, Diversity and Inclusion is a core factor in developing the work of Education and Community Engagement.
- Serve as spokesperson at Asolo Rep and community events, interfacing with donors and community members.
- Liaise with other cultural institutions in area and region, as well as national organizations, to promote programs and collaborations as well as for professional development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in management, theatre arts and teaching
- Experience in community engagement and educational program implementation and evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to include public speaking and writing
- Experience in developing and monitoring a departmental budget
- Highly organized, self-motivated and flexible
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Night and weekend work often required
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university and a minimum of 6 years work experience in the field.
For a more thorough overview of this position.
Ticket Services Manager
Asolo Repertory Theatre seeks a Ticket Services Manager. The successful candidate will provide management and leadership to ensure smooth operation of daily Ticket Services activities with the highest level of professionalism and personalized customer service to Asolo Rep patrons. Work to maximize ticket sales, increase and maintain customer loyalty, perform financial reporting functions and perform data analysis using Tessitura Software platform.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, respond promptly to customer inquiries and requests, and train all Box Office and Call Center personnel in customer service standards.
- Hire, train and supervise all ticket office staff, making sure that staff is fully trained in handling customer issues and explaining policies regarding ticket sales.
- Work directly in Tessitura platform to set up all events including single tickets, subscriptions, discounts, dynamic pricing, etc.
- Creatively assess ticketing needs with a focus on accurate reporting of patron data. Recommend appropriate solutions and policies based on customer needs and desires.
- Ensure that Box Office personnel are informed of current sales and promotions, and policies regarding payment and exchanges.
- Attend staff meetings, marketing meetings and other meetings as required.
- Coordinate special ticketed events, opening nights, and other ticketing requests as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related experience in Ticket Services and Database Management. Experience with Tessitura system is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and manage, train, and motivate others.
- Proven record of outstanding customer service.
- Must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes high stress situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills are required.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references through our application portal
E.O.E. All applicants reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status, or sexual preference. No phone calls, please.
Asolo Repertory Theatre, Florida’s premiere professional theatre located in Sarasota, FL seeks a creative and dynamic development director to provide leadership, strategic direction, management and coordination of all fundraising efforts. Responsibilities include developing and nurturing relationships with the philanthropic community, individual and corporate donors, sponsors, board members and volunteers; working closely with the Producing Artistic Director, Managing Director and Board to achieve the fundraising goals of the organization and the endowment and capital campaign; acting as motivating leader for the development staff; working collaboratively across the organization to gain cooperation, influence and success in building initiatives. Candidates should have at least 5 years experience in not-for-profit management/fundraising, excellent people skills in all social strata, communication, writing, organizational, computer and database management skills. Salary commensurate with experience. Applications are only accepted through our online portal.
Assistant Master Electrician
The nationally recognized Asolo Rep (LORT B) seeks experienced Assistant Master Electrician for a salaried position to start October of 2019
- Responsibilities include
- Read and interpret lighting plot and other drawings in association with the Master Electrician
- Have basic programming knowledge of ETC GIO (EOS Software) lighting console
- Run light board for Dress rehearsal and performances
- Run a preshow check to make sure all equipment is working prior to performances and troubleshoot as needed
- Install and wire various set mounted practicals including but not limited to LED tape, 12v incandescent battery operated lighting, and 110v sconces, lamps, etc.
- Maintenance and repair of moving lights (Vari*lite, Martin, ETC Revolution)
- Strong communication and time management skills,
- Ability to program moving lights and work with projection equipment
- Detailed knowledge of lighting, current technologies, equipment maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Knowledge and troubleshooting abilities for Ethernet and DMX protocols.
- Basic knowledge of electrical theory and practices
- Keeping the electrics shop clean and organized in order to keep the work environment productive.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Master Electrician
Applicants should have three years of professional theatre experience, or BA and 2 years of professional experience, familiarity with the fundamentals of electricity, general computer operation, ability to lift and carry 60 pounds, and the ability to climb ladders and work at heights. Must be able to work well under high pressure and stressful situations.
Experience with a theater company working in rotating rep is a plus.
Position is covered under an agreement between Asolo Rep and IATSE Local 412. Full time, Non-Exempt, seasonal
Competitive salary/benefits. Asolo Rep is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, gender, veteran status, national origin, marital status, or sexual preference. No phone calls, please.
Applications are accepted only through our online portal