Become a part of the team making World Class Theatre, Made in Sarasota.
Special Events Assistant
Asolo Repertory Theatre in Sarasota, FL (LORT B Mainstage; LORT D Second Stage) is seeking an assistant to the Manager of Special Events. This position is responsible for helping to plan and coordinate the theatre’s annual fundraising and special events. Events include: Annual Gala, Starry Night Dinner Series, Director’s Take Luncheon, 60th Anniversary Dinner, Designer Brunches, Opening Night parties, corporate events, cultivation cocktail parties, luncheons, staff/cast parties and more.
Essential Job Functions:
- Administration, coordination and oversight of event/venue set-up and strike, catering, equipment arrangements (including audio-visual, permits, entertainment, security, parking)
- Attend committee meetings and take minutes as needed
- Create meeting agendas and event schedules
- Solicit items for silent/live auction and raffles and in-kind donations
- Track RSVPs, process payments, and generate acknowledgement letters
- Maintain information about event attendees, sponsors, in-kind donors in Tessitura
- Generate materials related to registration/check-in (guest list, name tags, escort cards)
- Assist with the development of all event-related promotional materials including invitations, programs, signage, auction catalogs, tribute books (collecting logos, photos, bios etc)
- Execute all invitation mailings and e-blasts
- Optimize, maintain and analyze the Special Events department’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and website pages
- Coordinate the preparation of all post-event correspondence including thank you notes to sponsors, attendees, donors, volunteers and committee members.
- Closely interact with a spectrum of individuals including: internal staff, vendors, caterers, volunteers, prospects, donors, committee members, and Board Members
- Use discretion with confidential information
- Any other duties as required by the Special Events Manager
- College degree in a related field with high academic achievement
- Recent experience in providing administrative support to professional staff
- Excellent organizational skills; commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely polished and professional demeanor
- Ability to plan, prioritize multiple projects/duties when faced with interruptions, fluctuating workload, and conflicting deadlines, and complete them in a timely manner.
- Ability to problem solve; be self-disciplined and work independently
- Ability to remain calm under pressure with a positive attitude
- Pursuing a future career in special events
- Proficiency using the Internet, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and social media promotions is required. Knowledge of Tessitura database and design software, i.e. Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator a plus
- Access to a car as frequent local travel is required
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Must be flexible in working long hours, nights and weekends
Pay is commensurate with experience. This position is eligible to participate in employee insurances, paid time off, and pension plan. This is a seasonal position that begins as soon as possible and ends approx. June 14, 2019.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to:
Laura Stuart Wood
Manager of Special Events
No Phone Calls