Become a part of the team making World Class Theatre, Made in Sarasota.
Now in its 61st season, Asolo Repertory Theatre is recognized as one of the premier professional theatres in America and one of the largest in the Southeastern United States. One of the few theatres in the nation that performs in true rotating repertory, Asolo Rep’s highly skilled acting company and extensive artisanship bring to life this unique performance method that gives audiences the opportunity to see multiple productions in the span of a few days. Asolo Rep presents up to 10 productions each season including contemporary and classic works and provocative musical theatre experiences. Asolo Rep is committed to expanding its reach into the community, furthering its collaboration with the best theatre artists working in the industry today and developing new artists through its affiliation with the FSU/Asolo Conservatory for Actor Training. Under the leadership of Producing Artistic Director Michael Donald Edwards and Managing Director Linda DiGabriele, Asolo Rep’s ambitious theatrical offerings and groundbreaking education and community programming engage audiences and ensure its lasting legacy for future generations.
Asolo Repertory Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status, or sexual preference. Applications are only accepted through our hiring portal.
Public Relations Manager
REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for the public relations and publicity needs of Asolo Repertory Theatre including all productions, events and fundraising activities, playing a key role in the promotion of Asolo Rep’s mission and overall brand. Create and maintain favorable public image of the entire organization through preparation and distribution of information to newspapers, periodicals, television, radio and other forms of media. Strategize, manage and maintain Asolo Rep’s social media campaigns and communications.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: No direct reports, but guides activities of staff and volunteers in media and public relations capacities.
ESSSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Evaluate opportunities and develop media plan for each season’s series of productions. Generate and implement a news release strategy through the writing and publishing of frequent news releases and media alerts that support the season media plan.
- Encourage media interest through credible communication of information and impressions.
- Write and communicate messages using most effective method for each type of media.
- Maintain media list to include local, regional and national press, TV, radio and website contacts. Maintain list for calendar mailings.
- Provide media with story ideas, theatre information, interview opportunities, photo opportunities and calendar listings.
- Arrange media’s attendance at opening nights, distributing media kits and greeting media. Prepare and distribute fact sheets, news releases, photographs, scripts to media and other persons who may be interested in learning about and publicizing Asolo activities or messages.
- Responsible for news release files, publications, photos and photo credits for archives.
- Manage marketing department’s involvement in public events such as season announcement and world premiere announcements.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships within the organization. Answer information requests. Oversee preparation and distribution of end-of-show publicity packs to actors, directors, designers, etc.
- Ensure Actors’ Equity Association rules are met with regard to notices, photo calls and photo usage, cast lists, programs, televising and filming. Ensure terms of play publishers’ and author representatives’ agreements are met with regard to biographies, photo credits and publicity materials.
- Schedule and manage all publicity shoots, both pre-production and archival for Asolo Repertory Theatre. Select shots for advance publicity and media kits.
- Conduct research for news release writing, story pitching, media materials, etc.
- Provide PR support to other departments as well as auxiliary organizations.
- Cultivate working relationships with local media for promotion of regional and local marketing efforts.
- Proven ability to secure local, regional and national press coverage
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships with local and regional press
- Demonstrated creative writing and verbal communication abilities
- Working knowledge of established press protocols of journalists and newsrooms
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with artists, staff, the public, and volunteers in an effective, professional, and tactful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage social media for PR outreach.
- Ability to be pro-active, work independently, prioritize tasks, and exercise good judgment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working for a nonprofit theatre or performing arts organization a plus
- Ability to represent the organization at social and media events
- Demonstrated ability to create unique media opportunities
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- 3-5 years experience in public relations, journalism, or related field
- High School diploma required, college degree preferred.
Please email resume, writing samples, salary requirements and references to [email protected].
Foundations & Major Gifts Associate
Asolo Rep is seeking a Foundations & Major Gifts Associate to work with a dynamic team to achieve Asolo Rep’s Community Income goals by securing funding from foundations, government, and other granting sources, as well as from individuals giving at the major donor level. This position will also play a key role in the $21 million Staging Our Future Capital & Endowment Campaign.
Asolo Rep’s annual fund raises approximately $3.8 million each year in gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations. Asolo Rep is also amid a $21 million Staging Our Future Capital & Endowment Campaign which has raised $8.8 million to date. The Foundations & Major Gifts Associate will be responsible for maintaining the organization’s grant calendar, writing grants, interim and final reports, and researching new opportunities for funding. In addition, they will partner with the Development Director and Major Gifts Associate for soliciting, tracking, and stewarding cumulative annual gifts of $5,000+ from individuals through the different sub-campaigns including the Directors’ Society, Co-Producers, Artistic Excellence Society, and Education & Community Engagement. This position also works closely with the Fellowships & Endowment Associate to secure FSU/Asolo Conservatory Student Fellowships and gifts to Asolo Rep’s significant $22 million endowment.
General Overview of Responsibilities
- Execution of the organization’s annual institutional giving plan, which forecasts income from foundations, corporate foundations, and government in support of Asolo Rep’s operations, programs and education initiatives in partnership with Development Director and related staff
- Research capital grant funding opportunities and liaise with the Development Director on writing capital grant funding requests
- Compile research and cultivation profiles for annual and campaign prospects
- Write and coordinate funding proposals, follow-up correspondence, gift acknowledgements, interim and final reports, and invitations to attend funded programs in collaboration with related staff
- • Conduct prospect research to identify potential new funding sources
- • Manage annual grants calendar to ensure compliance with proposal and reporting deadlines
- Develop and nurture relationships with foundation and government representatives
- Ensure proper donor recognition on all print, online promotional materials and digital presentations
- Track funds received against annual budget income goals
- Maintain donor and prospect contact information in the Tessitura database
- Attend development events and assist as needed
- Attend at least one performance of every Asolo Rep production
- In consultation with the Major Gifts Associate, steward relationships with members of Asolo Rep’s different donor groups, and identify opportunities to engage major donors through various performances and behind-the-scenes activities
- Cultivate major donors and prospects encouraging ongoing gifts, increased gifts and securing new gifts
- Solicit major gifts independently and as part of a team
- Facilitate annual major giving donor renewal process, follow-up, and tracking
- Collaborate and coordinate with Fellowships & Endowment Associate, to encourage donors to diversify their areas of giving annually, and to make gifts for the Capital and Endowment Campaigns
- Manage and coordinate timely and accurate submission and editing of development content for the Season Program Book, Playbills, Season Brochure, website and digital presentations and promotional materials for donor-supported programs, events and activities
- In collaboration with Development Data Associate, ensure accurate data entry, contact management, donor research, and financial recordkeeping, timely gift acknowledgement and renewal correspondence, using discretion with confidential information
- Compile and maintain research of major donors and prospects for distribution to key staff and board members
- Assist in preparation of reporting materials for monthly board and committee meetings
The ideal candidate will have three to five years of Development experience, including experience working on a successful multi-million-dollar capital campaign. Preference will be given to candidates who have superior writing skills, an outgoing/friendly personality, ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines, exhibit strength under pressure, and are able to work with multiple personality types. Preferred skills include fundraising for the arts and experience with the Tessitura database software. Additional hours at evening and weekend events and performances are required.
Asolo Repertory Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status, or sexual preference.Applications are only accepted through our hiring portal. Phone calls and email inquiries are discouraged.
Major Gift Associate
Title: Major Gift Associate
Reports to: Development Director
Class: Exempt-Full Time
This position will demonstrate success in donor relations, gift solicitations, project management and
communications for donors at the major gift level. The Major Gifts Associate will work closely with the Development Director, the Foundation/Major Gift Associate, the Individual Giving Associate, the Fellowship/Endowment Associate, and members of the Board Development Committee to achieve Asolo Rep’s annual fund and capital campaign goals.
- Works as member of team including Executive staff, Development staff and Board of Directors
- Execute day-to-day administrative responsibilities for major donor activities
- Manage stewardship processes for major donors
- Represent Asolo Rep at internal and external events
- Lead tours of the Theatre and other Asolo Rep facilities for current and prospective donors, as well as for outside groups from time to time.
- Cultivate and Steward current donors and prospects encouraging ongoing gifts, increased gifts and securing new gifts
- Facilitate annual major giving donor renewal process, follow up, and tracking
- Solicit for major gifts independently and as part of a team
- Maintain, with utmost discretion, confidential information on donor profiles
- Conduct research and analyze findings on donors and prospects
- Compile and maintain research of donors and prospects for distribution to key staff and board members at events
- Schedule, coordinate and take minutes at major donor committee meetings
- Coordinate with Development Data Associate to ensure accurate contact management and financial record keeping, timely gift acknowledgment and renewal correspondence
- Oversee non-Event related mailings and material distributions to major donors
- Run lists and reports on Tessitura donor management software
- Maintain major donors’ annual fund support data in Tessitura donor management software
- Manage communications to donors, including but not limited to invitations to activities, benefit delivery, and ways to support the Theatre
- Manage and coordinate submission of program materials for the Season Program Book, playbills, and brochures
- Attend all major donor events and activities
- Attend at least one performance of every Asolo Rep production
Candidates should have an undergraduate degree and prior experience in not-for-profit fundraising emphasizing individual giving. Experience in arts fundraising or arts management a plus. Requires great attention to detail and deadlines; excellent social, verbal and written communication skills; discretion with confidential information; and facility with Microsoft Word and Excel, online research, and basic design skills. Experience with Tessitura a plus. The successful candidate will thrive working in a fast-paced environment with high levels of interaction as well as independent work. Must be flexible in working long hours, nights and occasional weekends. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Salary commensurate with experience.
Special Events Assistant
Asolo Repertory Theatre in Sarasota, FL (LORT B Mainstage; LORT D Second Stage) is seeking an assistant to the Manager of Special Events for the 2019/20 season. This position is responsible for helping to coordinate the theatre’s annual fundraising and special events. Events include: Annual Gala, Starry Night Dinner Series, Director’s Take Luncheon, Designer Brunches, Opening Night parties, corporate events, cultivation cocktail parties, luncheons, staff/cast parties and more.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for all event/venue set-up and strike (including transporting event materials to and from events)
- Assist with coordinating event details and equipment arrangements (including audio-visual, permits, entertainment, security, parking)
- Attend committee meetings and take minutes as needed
- Create meeting agendas and event schedules
- Solicit items for silent/live auction and raffles and in-kind donations
- Track RSVPs, process payments, and generate acknowledgement letters
- Maintain information about event attendees, sponsors, in-kind donors in Tessitura
- Generate materials related to registration/check-in (guest list, name tags, escort cards)
- Assist with the development of all event-related promotional materials including invitations, programs, signage, auction catalogs, tribute books (collecting logos, photos, bios etc)
- Execute all invitation mailings and e-blasts
- Maintain the Special Events Office’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and website pages
- Coordinate the preparation of all post-event correspondence including thank you notes to sponsors, attendees, donors, volunteers and committee members
- Closely interact with a spectrum of individuals including: internal staff, vendors, caterers, volunteers, prospects, donors, committee members, and Board Members
- Use discretion with confidential information
- Any other duties as required by the Special Events Manager
- College degree in a related field with high academic achievement
- Recent experience in providing administrative support to professional staff
- Excellent organizational skills; commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely polished and professional demeanor
- Ability to plan, prioritize multiple projects/duties when faced with interruptions, fluctuating workload, and conflicting deadlines, and complete them in a timely manner.
- Ability to problem solve; be self-disciplined and work independently
- Ability to remain calm under pressure with a positive attitude
- Pursuing a future career in special events
- Proficiency using the Internet, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and social media promotions is required. Knowledge of Tessitura database and design software, i.e. Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator a plus
- Access to a car as frequent local travel is required
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds
- Must be flexible in working long hours, nights and weekends
Pay is commensurate with experience. This position is eligible to participate in employee insurances, paid time off, and pension plan. This is a seasonal position that begins as soon as possible and runs until June 15, 2020.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to:
Laura Stuart Wood
Manager of Special Events
No Phone Calls