Asolo Rep Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access Commitment Statement
Asolo Rep is committed to becoming a more inclusive, diverse, and anti-racist institution at all levels. In order to intentionally address injustice and racism we believe theatre must become a leading force in telling the stories of our time to inform and influence a better future. We will reflect upon our past, investigate our current course of action, and develop a responsive and sustainable plan to break down barriers to access and challenge racism and bias within our institution and our community.
Our commitment to Anti-Racism, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA) requires that we continue to actively listen, seek learning opportunities, create space for direct and open discourse and strive to meet people where they are - taking time to effect lasting change together.
To that end, Asolo Rep commits to:
- Form an Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access (IDEA) Committee with dedicated financial resources to strategically align Anti-Racism, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access as an institutional core value
- Provide anti-racist and IDEA training with trained facilitators for all full-time staff, apprentices/fellows, and board
- Deepen our commitment to lifting our BIPOC staff, board and artists voices
- Support, advocate and provide resources to allow the artists’ unique vision to be realized
- Examine internal processes with an IDEA lens (including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, Neurodiverse and Persons with Disabilities) to recruit, hire and retain our staff, artists and craftspeople
- Review and reimagine the FSU/Asolo Conservatory student and sponsor relationship
This is a living document and will continue to be developed as we engage and learn in this all-important work.