Each year, Asolo Repertory Theatre builds more than 20 sets and tens of thousands of prop pieces at the Asolo Rep Scenic Studio, one of the largest and best-equipped scenic production facilities in the state.
The 45,000 square foot building houses scenery and production facilities, the theatre’s vast costume and prop collection as well as production staff offices and a rehearsal hall. A full service, state-of-the art production facility, Asolo Rep Scenic Studio is fast becoming one of the top providers of custom scenic fabrication in the country. The facility provides scenery and properties construction for not only Asolo Repertory Theatre, but for numerous organizations including the Sarasota Opera and Ballet, Tampa’s Straz Center, Universal Studios, Broadway, television and film. The building also houses 8,000 square feet of properties which can be rented. Respected in the industry for high quality, fair pricing and professionalism, Asolo Rep Scenic Studio’s skilled designers and crew provide a full range of services to bring any production to life. The facility is located in the Robert and Beverly Koski Production Center, near the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport at 1009 Tallevast Road in Sarasota, FL.
Asolo Rep’s expertise in its shops comes from decades of hands-on experience. Its diverse clients include:
- Universal Studios, Orlando, FL
- The Old Globe, San Diego, CA
- Cleveland Playhouse, Cleveland, OH
- Arizona Theatre Company, Tucson and Phoenix, AZ
- Tanglewood, Stockbridge, MA
- San Jose Rep, San Jose, CA
- The Straz Center for the Performing Arts, Tampa, FL
- Maltz Jupiter Theater, Jupiter, FL
- Sarasota Opera
- Sarasota Ballet
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Miami, FL
- Carpentry & Stage Craft
- Metal Fabrication
- Scenic Sculpting & Backdrop Painting
- Project Management
- Design Engineering Services
- Scenic Electrification
- Soft Goods & Traveler Track Systems
- Custom draping, patternmaking and construction
- Fabric modification and dyeing
- Custom beadwork, knitwear
Drops Available for Rent
View our available drops for rent here.
To get in touch with the Koski Production Center contact:
- Vic Meyrich
Director of Production & Operations
The Robert and Beverly Koski Production Center includes the Ted and Jean Weiller Rehearsal Hall and the Joan Armour Mendell Scenic Studio. It was made possible through the cornerstone gifts of Beverly Koski, Herman and Sharon Frankel, Gulf Coast Community Foundation, Warren and Margot Coville, James R. Chandler III, and Bender, Bender & Chandler, P.A.