Recognizing Endowment Gifts
While gifts of any size will benefit Asolo Rep, endowment gifts of $10,000 or more can be used to establish a named endowment fund, which can be in honor or in memory of a loved one, or in recognition of an aspect or program of Asolo Rep. Named gifts create a permanent legacy while ensuring that extraordinary theatre flourishes in the Sarasota community.
You may choose to restrict your contribution to a specific aspect of the Theatre’s operations. The minimum gift size for a restricted fund is $100,000. These gifts provide an opportunity to reflect your personal passion or interest. Such donor-directed gifts can help underwrite:
- Creative positions including actors, directors, designers, musicians, staff, and others
- Types of theatre including musicals, drama or new works
- Community based education and outreach programs
- FSU/Asolo Conservatory graduate student fellowships
- Named facilities and their operations and maintenance, including our production center, costume shop and guest artist housing
- Technological advancements
To ensure that you designation coincides with the needs of Asolo Rep, it is important to discuss your plans with a member of the Theatre’s development staff. Endowment gifts of $10,000 or more will be listed in print materials including the annual Season Program Book and on our website. Donors making outright an irrevocable planned gifts of $25,000 or more will be recognized on a plaque in the lobby area of the Theatre. In addition, endowment donors will be recognized through membership in our Heritage Society.