Around the World in 80 Days
By JULES VERNE | Adapted by LAURA EASON | Directed by THERESA HESKINS
About The Show
“A feast for the eyes, ears and brain.” – West End Wilma
Eight actors, 109 characters, six trains, six boats, four flights, one storm, a circus act and an elephant take center stage when Asolo Rep partners once again with UK’s Kenny Wax Family Entertainment (Hetty Feather) to bring Around the World in 80 Days to Sarasota. When the mysterious and fabulously wealthy Phileas Fogg and his faithful servant Passepartout board the train in London in 1875, he has only 80 days to travel around the world to win a wager with his fellow members at the Reform Club. A grand adventure lies ahead in a spectacular journey that includes danger, romance and surprises with the illustrious Scotland Yard pursuing him at every turn.
Recommended for everyone 7 and up.
Simon Friend and Kenny Wax Family Entertainment present the New Vic Theatre production in association with Royal Exchange Theatre Manchester.
Events and Offerings
THE PERFECT FAMILY TREAT!
FAMILY DAY at Around the World in 80 Days Saturday, June 15, 2:00pm performance Pre-show activities begin at 12:30pm | Q&A with the cast after the show! Family Day is made possible, in part, with support from The Koski Family Foundation.
For all information of upcoming events and offerings.
Enhance your Experience
THE SCOOP | The Scoop is offered free of charge for EVERY PERFORMANCE (opening nights excluded). Arrive one hour prior to any performance to hear the ideas and inspirations that contributed to the production you are about to watch.
FAMILY DAY | Saturday, June 15 - Pre and post-show activities for all ages. Family ticket packages available More Info Here
SUNDAY SALON | June 16 - Immediately following the performance, audiences are invited to ask questions and learn more from members of the cast. FREE.
- Andrew Pollard, Phileas Fogg
- Kirsten Foster, Mrs. Aouda
- Michael Hugo, Passepartout
- Dennis Herdman, Inspector Fix
- Matthew Ganley, Colonel Proctor, (u/s Fogg)
- Nyron Levy, Captain Speedy
- Joey Parsad, Miss Singh, (u/s Mrs. Aouda)
- Pushpinder Chani, Mr. Naidu
- UNDERSTUDY: Stefan Ruiz, (u/s Speedy, Proctor, Naidu, Singh, Fix and Passepartout)
Creative and Production Team
- Theresa Heskins, Director
- Ellie Taylor, Assistant Director
- Laura Eason, Adapter
- Lis Evans, Designer
- James Atherton, Composer
- Beverley Norris-Edmunds, Movement Director
- Alexandra Stafford, Lighting Designer
- James Earls-Davis, Sound Designer
- Alex Day, Associate Sound Designer
- Anji Carroll CDG, Casting Associate
- Mark Langley, Voice Coach
- Seb Cannings for Gary Beestone Ltd, Production Manager
- Emma Eldridge-Doyle, Company Stage Manager
- Max Blackman, Assistant Lighting Designer
Please Be Advised
Asolo Rep Proudly Presents Agatha Christie's MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS January 8 - March 8
Asolo Rep Proudly Implements GalaProAccessible Captioning and Translation Technology GalaPro App to be Unveiled at THE SOUND OF MUSIC IllumiNation Event on November 23