Become a part of the team making World Class Theatre, Made in Sarasota.
Now in its 61st season, Asolo Repertory Theatre is recognized as one of the premier professional theatres in America and one of the largest in the Southeastern United States. One of the few theatres in the nation that performs in true rotating repertory, Asolo Rep’s highly skilled acting company and extensive artisanship bring to life this unique performance method that gives audiences the opportunity to see multiple productions in the span of a few days. Asolo Rep presents up to 10 productions each season including contemporary and classic works and provocative musical theatre experiences. Asolo Rep is committed to expanding its reach into the community, furthering its collaboration with the best theatre artists working in the industry today and developing new artists through its affiliation with the FSU/Asolo Conservatory for Actor Training. Under the leadership of Producing Artistic Director Michael Donald Edwards and Managing Director Linda DiGabriele, Asolo Rep’s ambitious theatrical offerings and groundbreaking education and community programming engage audiences and ensure its lasting legacy for future generations.
Asolo Repertory Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status, or sexual preference. Applications are only accepted through our hiring portal.
Foundation Relations Associate
Title: Foundation Relations Associate
Reports to: Development Director
Class: Exempt-Full Time
Asolo Rep is seeking a Foundation Relations Associate to work with a dynamic team to achieve Asolo Rep’s Community Income goals by securing funding from foundations, government, and other granting sources.
- Execution of the organization’s annual institutional giving plan, which forecasts income from foundations, corporate foundations, and government in support of Asolo Rep’s operations, programs and education initiatives in partnership with Development Director and related staff
- Research capital grant funding opportunities and liaise with the Development Director on writing capital grant funding requests
- Compile research and cultivation profiles for annual and campaign prospects
- Write and coordinate funding proposals, follow-up correspondence, gift acknowledgements, interim and final reports, and invitations to attend funded programs in collaboration with related staff
- Conduct prospect research to identify potential new funding sources
- Manage annual grants calendar to ensure compliance with proposal and reporting deadlines
- Develop and nurture relationships with foundation and government representatives
- Ensure proper donor recognition on all print, online promotional materials and digital presentations
- Track funds received against annual budget income goals
- Maintain donor and prospect contact information in the Tessitura database
- Attend development events and assist as needed
- Attend at least one performance of every Asolo Rep production
- In consultation with the Major Gifts Specialist, steward relationships with members of Asolo Rep’s different donor groups, and identify opportunities to engage major donors through various performances and behind-the-scenes activities
- Collaborate and coordinate with Fellowships/Endowment Associate, to encourage donors to diversify their areas of giving annually, and to make gifts for the Capital and Endowment Campaigns
- Manage and coordinate timely and accurate submission and editing of development content for the Season Program Book, Playbills, Season Brochure, website and digital presentations and promotional materials for donor-supported programs, events and activities
- In collaboration with Development Data Associate, ensure accurate data entry, contact management, donor research, and financial recordkeeping, timely gift acknowledgement and renewal correspondence, using discretion with confidential information
- Compile and maintain research of major donors and prospects for distribution to key staff and board members
- Assist in preparation of reporting materials for monthly board and committee meetings
The ideal candidate will have three to five years of Development experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have superior writing skills, an outgoing/friendly personality, ability to manage multiple
projects with competing deadlines, exhibit strength under pressure, and are able to work with multiple personality types. Preferred skills include fundraising for the arts and experience with the Tessitura database software. Additional hours at evening and weekend events and performances are required.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Asolo Rep’s Development Director at [email protected] with “Foundation Relations Associate” in the subject line.
Major Gift Specialist
Title: Major Gift Specialist
Reports to: Development Director
Class: Exempt-Full Time
This position will demonstrate success in donor relations, gift solicitations, project management and
communications for donors at the major gift level. The Major Gift Specialist will work closely with the Development Director, the Foundation Relations Associate, the Individual Giving Associate, the Fellowship/Endowment Associate, and members of the Board Development Committee to achieve Asolo Rep’s annual fund and capital campaign goals.
- Works with Executive staff, Development staff and Board of Directors to execute day-to-day administrative responsibilities for major donor activities
- Manage stewardship processes for major donors
- Represent Asolo Rep at internal and external events
- Lead tours of the Theatre and other Asolo Rep facilities for current and prospective donors, as well as for outside groups from time to time.
- Oversee Season Presenters, Co-Producers and the Artistic Excellence Society acquisition and renewal processes.
- Cultivate and steward current donors and prospects encouraging ongoing gifts, increased gifts and securing new gifts
- Facilitate annual major giving donor renewal process, follow-up, and tracking
- Solicit for major gifts independently and as part of a team
- Maintain, with utmost discretion, confidential information on donor profiles
- Conduct research and analyze findings on donors and prospects
- Compile and maintain research of donors and prospects for distribution to key staff and board members at events
- Schedule, coordinate and take minutes at major donor committee meetings
- Coordinate with Development Data Associate to ensure accurate contact management and financial record keeping, timely gift acknowledgment and renewal correspondence
- Oversee non-event related mailings and material distributions to major donors
- Run lists and reports on Tessitura donor management software
- Maintain major donors’ annual fund support data in Tessitura donor management software
- Manage communications to donors, including but not limited to invitations to activities, benefit delivery, and ways to support the Theatre
- Manage and coordinate submission of program materials for the Season Program Book, playbills, and brochures
- Attend all major donor events and activities
- Attend at least one performance of every Asolo Rep production
Candidates should have an undergraduate degree and five years of Development experience with emphasis on individual giving/major gift fundraising. Experience in performing arts fundraising is a plus. Requires great attention to detail and deadlines; excellent social, verbal and written communication skills; discretion with confidential information; and facility with Microsoft Word and Excel, online research, and basic design skills. Experience with Tessitura a plus. The successful candidate will thrive working in a fast-paced environment with high levels of interaction as well as independent work. Must be flexible in working long hours, nights and occasional weekends. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Asolo Rep’s Development Director at [email protected] with “Major Gift Specialist” in the subject line.
Public Relations Manager
REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for the public relations and publicity needs of Asolo Repertory Theatre including all productions, events and fundraising activities, playing a key role in the promotion of Asolo Rep’s mission and overall brand. Create and maintain favorable public image of the entire organization through preparation and distribution of information to newspapers, periodicals, television, radio and other forms of media. Strategize, manage and maintain Asolo Rep’s social media campaigns and communications.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: No direct reports, but guides activities of staff and volunteers in media and public relations capacities.
ESSSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Evaluate opportunities and develop media plan for each season’s series of productions. Generate and implement a news release strategy through the writing and publishing of frequent news releases and media alerts that support the season media plan.
- Encourage media interest through credible communication of information and impressions.
- Write and communicate messages using most effective method for each type of media.
- Maintain media list to include local, regional and national press, TV, radio and website contacts. Maintain list for calendar mailings.
- Provide media with story ideas, theatre information, interview opportunities, photo opportunities and calendar listings.
- Arrange media’s attendance at opening nights, distributing media kits and greeting media. Prepare and distribute fact sheets, news releases, photographs, scripts to media and other persons who may be interested in learning about and publicizing Asolo activities or messages.
- Responsible for news release files, publications, photos and photo credits for archives.
- Manage marketing department’s involvement in public events such as season announcement and world premiere announcements.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships within the organization. Answer information requests. Oversee preparation and distribution of end-of-show publicity packs to actors, directors, designers, etc.
- Ensure Actors’ Equity Association rules are met with regard to notices, photo calls and photo usage, cast lists, programs, televising and filming. Ensure terms of play publishers’ and author representatives’ agreements are met with regard to biographies, photo credits and publicity materials.
- Schedule and manage all publicity shoots, both pre-production and archival for Asolo Repertory Theatre. Select shots for advance publicity and media kits.
- Conduct research for news release writing, story pitching, media materials, etc.
- Provide PR support to other departments as well as auxiliary organizations.
- Cultivate working relationships with local media for promotion of regional and local marketing efforts.
- Proven ability to secure local, regional and national press coverage
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships with local and regional press
- Demonstrated creative writing and verbal communication abilities
- Working knowledge of established press protocols of journalists and newsrooms
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with artists, staff, the public, and volunteers in an effective, professional, and tactful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage social media for PR outreach.
- Ability to be pro-active, work independently, prioritize tasks, and exercise good judgment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working for a nonprofit theatre or performing arts organization a plus
- Ability to represent the organization at social and media events
- Demonstrated ability to create unique media opportunities
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- 3-5 years experience in public relations, journalism, or related field
- High School diploma required, college degree preferred.
Please email resume, cover letter, writing samples, salary requirements and references to [email protected].
General Summary: As an integral member of the artistic administration team, assist the General Manager and Managing Director with daily and long-term management activities that ensure successful operation and further the growth of the company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Draft, execute and track contracts with union artists from AEA, USA, SDC and others; manage artist payments and union-related issues.
- Perform fiscal-management tasks including artistic expense tracking, forecasting and assisting with departmental budgeting.
- Provide support for an active and involved Board of Directors including coordinating and supervising the preparation and set up for Finance, Nominating & Governance, Executive, full Board and other meetings as needed.
- Function as recorder in Board and Board Committee meetings as necessary.
- Maintain updated contact information for board and staff as well as inter-company and board communications.
- Assist in the execution of licensing agreements for all productions.
- Serve as Associate Contractor for local musicians.
- Serve as liaison with the Theatre Guild and coordinate set up and logistics for their meetings.
- Serve as back up for company management for on call duties.
- Oversee arrangements for in-house company social functions, e.g. Annual End of Season Party, Going Away Parties and First Rehearsal gatherings.
- Maintain internal space use calendar in collaboration with staff, Ringling and Ballet personnel.
- Assist in oversight of the Company Management or other Artistic Department Apprentices.
- Assist General Manager and Managing Director with daily activities, such as correspondence, travel arrangements, reporting, etc.
- Take on other responsibilities and projects as appropriate or as assigned by the Producing Artistic Director, Managing Director or General Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks, be highly organized, self motivated and give great attention to detail.
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to work effectively in a creative and fast-paced environment..
- Very strong computer skills and knowledge using primarily MS Outlook, Word and Excel are a necessity; some desktop publishing skills a plus.
- Deep commitment to theatre and desire for its success.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- B.A. in arts administration or related field preferred.
- Experience in some area of arts administration with theatre experience preferred.
- Ideal applicants will have completed a Bachelor’s degree in arts administration with two years’ experience or equivalent work experience in a related field.
Asolo Repertory Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be reviewed without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex, veteran status, national origin, marital status, or sexual preference.
Provide day-to-day and long-range management of Asolo Rep’s Tessitura Customer Relationship Management system, ensuring that the organization makes the best possible use of the system cross-functionally as related to the Ticket Services, Marketing, Development, Education, and Finance departments. This position is responsible for entering, analyzing and mining data and developing daily reports and queries utilizing Tessitura. The Tessitura Support Manager will help Asolo Rep deliver exceptional audience development initiatives and patron service experience by recommending and implementing process improvements, identifying gaps in current processes and bringing resolution to known issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Play a key role in Tessitura Analytics (designing dashboards and analytical reports to be shared and used by senior management to track progress against goals).
- Work in partnership with internal departments to leverage existing tools within Tessitura to help meet organizational goals.
- Initiate, design, update and enhance daily show, single ticket and subscription reports and dashboards using Tessitura Ticketing Software.
- Initiate, design and manage data driven research and survey projects that answer specific questions related to ticket sales, advertising, audience analysis and other marketing efforts.
- Provide ongoing analysis of data indicating insights and findings to administrative staff.
- Configure ticket promo codes for direct mail and email marketing efforts.
- Manage dynamic pricing for all productions.
- Manage Tessitura configurations and organization including ticket pricing, subscription rollovers, season pricing setup, and website integration.
- Maintain active communication on the status of projects with administrative management; identify roadblocks and delays and actively seek to overcome them to complete projects on time and in a satisfactory manner.
- Serve as backup ticketing representative in the box office as needed.
- Compile Ticketing Reports at the end of the season for the auditors and institution.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and project management skills; and ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive issues and documents.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related experience in Ticket Services and Database Management. Effective proficiency with Tessitura system is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and manage, train, and motivate others.
- Proven record of outstanding customer service.
- Must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities in sometimes high stress situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills are required.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.