Become a part of the team making World Class Theatre, Made in Sarasota.
Now in its 61st season, Asolo Repertory Theatre is recognized as one of the premier professional theatres in America and one of the largest in the Southeastern United States. One of the few theatres in the nation that performs in true rotating repertory, Asolo Rep’s highly skilled acting company and extensive artisanship bring to life this unique performance method that gives audiences the opportunity to see multiple productions in the span of a few days. Asolo Rep presents up to 10 productions each season including contemporary and classic works and provocative musical theatre experiences. Asolo Rep is committed to expanding its reach into the community, furthering its collaboration with the best theatre artists working in the industry today and developing new artists through its affiliation with the FSU/Asolo Conservatory for Actor Training. Under the leadership of Producing Artistic Director Michael Donald Edwards and Managing Director Linda DiGabriele, Asolo Rep’s ambitious theatrical offerings and groundbreaking education and community programming engage audiences and ensure its lasting legacy for future generations.
Asolo Repertory Theatre is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Human Resources Manager
Asolo Rep Theatre is seeking a Human Resources Professional for our Human Resources Manager position. This position oversees and performs all operational human resources functions for the company, including benefits and recruitment administration, develop and maintain HR policies and procedures, ensure compliance with all applicable government HR requirements, and managing organizational diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain compliance with federal and state employment and benefits laws and regulations and manage HR record keeping and reporting.
- Administer employee benefit programs to include claim resolution, change reporting, and account review.
- Recruit and facilitate the interview and onboarding processes for open positions, including sourcing and screening a diverse pool of qualified candidates, orientation, reporting, e-verify and I-9 compliance.
- Administer and manage the Workers Compensation program including processing injury reports and coordinating with carrier in submitting claims. Lead Work Comp Safety Committee
- Manage organization’s anti-racism, inclusion, diversity, equity and access initiatives
- Serve as liaison to employees and managers for information and assistance with Human Resource topics
- Serve as backup support for weekly payroll processing
- A strong history of related HR experience plus professional certifications, or formal education, will be considered. Minimum Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field preferred.
- Knowledgeable of Federal and State employment law, compensation, benefits, and other related human resource functions.
- PHR, SPHR or similar certification, a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Programs.
- Possess superior organizational skills and high detail orientation.
- Proven time management skills.
- Previous working knowledge of payroll procedures and processing preferred.