We Need a Little Christmas
A Holiday Concert Under the Stars
We Need a Little Christmas
A Holiday Concert Under the Stars
- December 17 Thursday 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- December 18 Friday 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- December 19 Saturday 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- December 20 Sunday 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- December 22 Tuesday 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- December 23 Wednesday 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- December 24 Thursday 5:30 PM Buy Tickets
- December 26 Saturday 6:00 PM Buy Tickets
- December 26 Saturday 8:30 PM Buy Tickets
- December 27 Sunday 6:00 PM Buy Tickets
- December 27 Sunday 8:30 PM Buy Tickets
- December 29 Tuesday 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- December 30 Wednesday 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- December 31 Thursday 8:30 PM Buy Tickets
- January 1 Friday 7:00 PM Buy Tickets
- January 2 Saturday 8:30 PM Buy Tickets
- January 3 Sunday 6:00 PM Buy Tickets
- January 3 Sunday 8:30 PM Buy Tickets
About The Show
Directed by Michael Donald Edwards & Celine Rosenthal
Conceived by Michael Donald Edwards & Celine Rosenthal with Steve Orich and Matt McGee
Asolo Rep rings in the holiday season with We Need a Little Christmas, a new holiday concert perfect for the whole family. The live concert will be performed outdoors on the theatre's brand new Terrace Stage, located in front of the theatre building.
A little bit camp. A little bit sentimental. A whole lot of fun. We Need a Little Christmas is a celebration of the season’s spirit of togetherness. Brimming with colorful re-imaginations of your favorite holiday and musical theatre songs, this not-to-miss production will star some of Asolo Rep’s most beloved artists alongside a live orchestra. Because, while 2020 has been filled with doom and gloom, the magic of live theatre is definitely not cancelled.
We Need a Little Christmas is the first of hopefully many outdoor productions. The theatre will announce updates to its 2020-2021 season early in January. The outdoor concert series is underwritten by a generous $75,000 challenge gift by Drs. Joel and Gail Morganroth, who will serve as the Headline Sponsor. Also, Asolo Rep extends a special thanks to the Virginia B. Toulmin Foundation for their additional support this season and underwriting this series.
Patron Health and Safety Protocols Asolo Rep Outdoor Performances
Following the guidance of government health officials, Asolo Rep has implemented several policies to help make your experience as smooth and safe as possible.
- Asolo Rep will require all patrons, volunteers, and staff to wear face coverings at all times within the performance venue. We ask that your face covering remain on completely covering mouth and nose throughout the performance and until you exit the venue.
- Upon arrival, all patrons, staff, and volunteers will have their temperature checked with a non-contact infrared thermometer.
- Patrons with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to enter the space.
Arrival & Ticketing
- Ticket sales will be cut off two hours prior to all performances. Walk-up tickets will not be available.
- Asolo Rep is instituting ticketless entry to prevent any physical contact between parties as much as possible. Print-at-home or mobile tickets will be allowed and there will also be box-office tables available for check-in.
- To control the flow of traffic, there will be two points of entry into the performance space, both of which are wheelchair accessible.
- There will be no physical playbills. Playbill information will be projected on large stage screens for audience viewing and will also be available for digital download on Asolo Rep’s website and sent via email to ticket holders.
- No concessions will be available for purchase and food and drink are not allowed inside the seating area.
Seating & Performance
- Seating capacity of the outdoor stage is 200 seats, arranged in groups of two and socially distanced for patron and staff safety. The stage area is twelve feet from the front row of seats.
- Asolo Rep staff will begin seating patrons one hour prior to show time.
- Patrons are asked to refrain from congregating in public areas and to remain seated prior to and during the performance.
- Everyone must maintain a 6-foot distance from anyone not in their party at all times.
- “Blanket Seating” is located in the grassy area near the parking lot. Patrons purchasing tickets in that area must bring their own blankets. Lawn chairs are not allowed.
- Performances will be approximately 70 minutes in length, performed without an intermission.
- Portable restrooms will be provided for patrons use.
Sanitation & Cleaning Procedures
- Touchless hand sanitizing stations will be available at various points throughout the venue.
- Prior to and following each performance, all seats will be disinfected using the Clorox 360 Electrostatic Sanitation system.
- All common areas, such as portable restrooms and box office check-in stations, will be disinfected before and after each performance.
- If a performance is cancelled or abandoned mid-way due to weather, patrons may either exchange their ticket for another performance or receive a refund. While rain can come and go very quickly in our area, Asolo Rep will make every attempt to present each performance even if rain is in the forecast.
- In the event that Asolo Rep cancels a performance due to imminent bad weather earlier in the day, the cancellation will be posted on our website and we will make every effort to contact ticket-holders.
- Shows lasting more than 40 minutes are considered complete performances. Shows lasting less than 40 minutes are considered "rained out."
- Even in Florida, December evening temperatures can be on the cool side. For your own comfort, we suggest wearing layers of clothing and bringing blankets, hats and gloves. There will not be any outside heaters.
Asolo Rep Announces Outdoor Holiday Concert, We Need A Little ChristmasA Holiday Concert Under the Stars The live concert will be the first performed outdoors on the theatre’s brand new Terrace Stage from December 17 – January 3. A little bit camp. A little bit sentimental. A whole lot of fun. We Need a Little Christmas is a joyful celebration of the season’s spirit of togetherness...
Asolo Rep Announces Live Stream Watch Party for A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAMAsolo Rep announced today that it will present a live stream “Watch Party” of A Midsummer Night’s Dream on Thursday, November 12 at 7pm. The online performance is the premiere production of BardWired, Asolo Rep’s 2020 adaptation of its award-winning program, Asolo Rep On Tour, which has brought live theatrical experiences to over 15,000 Florida students each fall since 2008.