What is Pantomime?
Pantomime is when an actor will use gesture and movement to create something that is not there. It can also be used to express emotions. In this activity, you can use pantomime to creatively show what you can do and what ELSE you can do with an object.
Ex. You can make a banana be a phone! You can make a phone be a banana! (It's all up to you! Get creative!)
1. Go on a quest for interesting objects found in your house. Before we played on Zoom we decided on which objects all 4 of use would grab from our kitchens. If you are playing at home just get a few items that you can transform.
2. The object of the game is to transform the item into something that it is not. The First person will pick up and look at the object and say, "This is not a _____, it's a..." then they will transform the object into something it is not. For example: This is not a roll of tape, this is my (pantomiming biting into the apple)!
3. The rest of the players will then try and guess what the first player is pantomiming.
4. Once it is guessed correctly, pass the object to someone else and continue until everyone has had a turn.
5. Let us know what interesting transformations you discovered!
- How did the properties/characteristics of the object inform your transformation choices?
- What actor tools (body, voice, imagination, and more) did you use to make your transformations clear?
- When a pantomime was clear what made it sucessful?