It's time to ask the great and all knowing search engine the big questions you have always wondered about. The only problem is "The Powerful Goggle" does not always give you the answer you expect...
Designed for All Ages (instructions and adaptations below)
1. Have three to four people sit side by side- they will be the "Powerful Goggle" (If they want to turn their hands into eye goggles while they answer it's even better!).
2. Other players must ask Goggle questions. Any question must begin with “Ok Goggle...”. For example, “Ok Goggle, why is the sky blue?”
3. Goggle must answer the question one word at a time, one person at a time. Then Goggle ends the sentence by saying “Thus.” “Says.” “The.” “Powerful." "Goggle."- one word at a time.
4. Keep asking questions to Goggle and change up the people who are giving the answers.
- What is easy/hard about answering as a team?
- What makes answers clear and easy to understand?
- How do you know what to say next?
WHO CAN PLAY THIS GAME?
Anyone! If you have younger players, you may need to give tips on giving answers in a way that makes sense.
OTHER WAYS TO PLAY THIS GAME
- Play this game like we did in the video and call someone on Zoom or another confrence call platform.
- See if you can go from giving answers one word at a time to speaking simultaneously.
TAKE IT FURTHER
Sing it out: Watch this VIDEO of the TV Show "Who's Line Is It Anyway?" and then try playing "OK, Goggle! The Musical!"
Art it out: What would the logo for your powerful search engine look like? Draw, paint, or make it on the computer and send it to us!
WHY PLAY THIS GAME (LEARNING CONNECTIONS)
This game highlights the skills of: Listening, cooperation, logical sequenceing, thinking on your feet, and teamwork.
Use these variations to make school work fun:
Reading/Writing/Social Studies: Have Goggle answer questions about a historical time period. You can also have Goggle become a character and answer questions about their book.